Latest News

Fire Damage to Kitchen from Frying Pan

Article posted on 29 February 2016

We received a call from a policy holder to say that she had experienced a fire in her kitchen. This was a three bedroom terraced house in East London.

The Cause of the Problem



The policy holder was using a frying pan on the hob which caught fire. Her son managed to act quickly and used wet tea towels to smother the flames and put them out.

What We Did

When we surveyed the damage the following day there was fire damage to the cooker hood, hob and several kitchen units. There was also smoke damage to the rest of the kitchen and there was smoke residue throughout the house.

As there was a separate policy for the buildings and contents, with different insurers, we submitted two schedules; one for the reinstatement of the kitchen and redecoration and one for cleaning of all the contents.

The Outcome

The following week we met the loss adjusters from both of the different insurance companies and agreed the reinstatement schedule and cleaning schedule. We then sent in our team to carry out the clean up and decontamination, and once this was completed our workmen went in to reinstate the kitchen and redecorate.


Case Studies

View more Case Studies

Burst Water Tank
A burst 50 gallon water tank caused mains water to run through a 2 bedroom house undetected for 2 days.

Fire at Estate Agents
A fire caused by a faulty electrical socket in a kitchenette caused extensive smoke damage.

Water Damaged Property
Letting Agents in Hertford asked us to visit one of their landlords property which had been affected by water damage.

Bathroom Water Leak
We had a call from a distressed shop owner who had water coming through her ceiling when she opened up on a Saturday morning.

Testimonials

View more testimonials

My husband and I would like to extend our thanks to you, for your help and ...

Happy policyholder

Having suffered a very large water damage claim in our house in late December National Home ...

Steve Stubbs

When the floods happened in Cumbria we were taken totally by surprise and the whole of ...

Joe Challenor